Disney parks are the happiest places on Earth, and in this time of uncertainty, those parks are closed. However, Disney has always been a company that can spread the magic and bring happiness to billions of people around the globe.
Several companies have released some of their more sought after food recipes online, and Disney is joining that bandwagon. Most people who have visited Disney parks know just how mouth-watering and social media aesthetic photo-worthy the food options are. Also, they are usually tied to a character or movie theme so you get a healthy dose of nostalgia.
Disney recently revealed the recipe for their grilled cheese sandwich, which is served at Woody’s Lunch Box at Toy Story Land in Disney’s Hollywood Studios. This food item has only been around for a few years, although “Toy Story” is one of the most beloved films.
This yummy sandwich has only four main ingredients which are bread, provolone cheese, cheddar cheese and cream cheese or garlic spread to coat the bread. Here are the ingredients:
- 8 slices of artisan bread
8 cheddar cheese slices
8 provolone slices
- For the cream cheese spread:
1/2 cup of cream cheese
1/2 cup of shredded cheddar or Double Gloucester cheese
2 tablespoons of heavy cream
1/4 teaspoon of coarse salt
- For the garlic spread:
1 cup of mayonnaise
1 1/2 teaspoons of minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon of coarse salt
The recipe is simple to follow, and includes both savory and sweet options.
For the cream cheese spread:
- Combine the cream cheese, cheddar or Double Gloucester, heavy cream, and salt in a food processor.
- Blend until smooth and set aside.
For the garlic spread:
- Combine the mayonnaise, garlic, and salt in small bowl.
- Stir until blended and set aside.
For the sandwich:
- Lay out artisan bread slices on parchment paper or a large cutting board.
- Place 2 slices of cheddar on 4 of the bread slices. Place 2 slices of provolone on remaining bread slices.
- Equally spoon the cream cheese spread on the slices with provolone. Gently smooth cream cheese spread over each slice.
- Press cheddar side and provolone side together.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat for 5 minutes, until hot.
- Brush both sides of the sandwiches with the garlic spread.
- Grill sandwiches for 2 minutes on each side, until cheese is melted and bread is golden brown!