It seems like a new recipe is being shared online every day now during this time of uncertainty, and one of the main companies leading the charge is Disney. Companies are releasing some of their popular recipes, so customers can enjoy their favorite treats while they are at home.
Disney Parks are closed around the world, but some of their recipes are available online and are rather simple to make. It’s a fun way to add some magic to your home without even leaving it. The latest recipe to make its way to the public is the Disney Parks churro recipe.
Here are the ingredients: 1 cup water
8 tablespoons butter
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups vegetable or canola oil
1/2 cup sugar
3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
Here are the directions to make the churros:
- Combine water, butter, salt, and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon in 1 1/2-quart saucepan over medium heat. Bring pot to a rolling boil.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Add flour and stir vigorously until mixture forms a ball. Remove from heat and let rest for 5-7 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, and stir until combined. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a medium skillet or one-quart saucepan over medium-high heat or until temperature reaches 350 degrees.
- Spoon dough into a piping bag fitted with large star tip. Pipe one-inch strip of dough over the saucepan, cut with a knife, and drop into the hot oil. Repeat until churro bites fill saucepan with room to fry.
- Fry churro bites until golden brown. Remove with a slotted spoon or mesh spider strainer.
- Drain churro bites on paper towel.
- Mix sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon in a medium bowl. Toss in churro bites until coated. Place on serving plate and serve with favorite dipping sauce.
With the surge in home baking that is going around, this recipe is a great chance to bake up some sugary, gooey churros the same way that Disney does.